Pages

2/07/2011

Insatiable's pretty cover!


I can't believe I haven't posted this here yet, but here it is (and in the sidebar too!) Valerie Tibbs did this gorgeous cover for Insatiable, one of few books I'd probably call "my baby." I was just a baby when I started writing it back in high school...just 15, during my summer between freshman and sophomore years. The story changed a lot since then. Rachel and Shawn were my original heroine/hero but over the years, I inserted a new hero into the story, Ryan, and Shawn became the dutiful best friend. But during one of my many rewrites (yes, I rewrote this puppy for sixteen years!..ack!...finally finishing it for good two years ago, not counting editorial edits) I realized I still liked Shawn better and rewrote Insatiable with him finally as the hero.

I love Shawn, I admit it. He was originally based on a guy in my freshman class...really popular, good-looking, way out of my league. Rachel was originally based on a girl I thought was perfect. Now keep in mind these original prototypes originated when I was in high school, but eventually the characters grew and took on a life of their own. I really can't believe that people will finally be able to buy the story I wrote back when being an author was just my pipe dream...my escape from the real life hell of high school. Shows never to stop dreaming!

Here's the blurb, subject to change...

Having all of her is the only thing that will satisfy him...
Shawn Griffin and Rachel Cooper have been best friends practically since birth, thanks to their families’ close relationship. But for the past few years, Shawn has been fantasizing about getting his best pal in his bed. When she announces she’s taking a trip to reconnect with an old lover, Shawn knows the time has come to put up or shut up. If she wants to go to New York City, fine. But he’s coming with her.

Rachel doesn’t know what to think of Shawn’s sudden interest. Determined to live life on her own terms, she refuses to fall right in line with her wealthy family’s wish that they get married and have perfect little babies. She just didn’t count on how determined her seemingly laid back -- and extremely sexy -- best friend would become after setting his sights on what he wants. Her, over and over again.

But when tragedy strikes, Rachel begins to wonder if she’ll lose not only her lover but her best friend too. 

Next week in honor of the release, I'm blog swapping with my good friend and fellow TWRP author, Lynne Roberts! We're lucky enough to share a release day...the same day Insatiable comes out, her debut Samhain release, Creative License, comes out as well! We're going to be offering up prizes and answering questions and having fun. And woohoo, Caleb from Creative License is one hot hero (and he's mine, ladies, so back off! LOL) Stop by next Tuesday 2/15 and party with us!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the cover. Valerie does some great cover art. Can't wait to read this next week!
Congrats. :)

Kaye Manro said...

Lovely cover, Cari. It is so interesting that this story was first conceived in HS. Must be a gratifying feeling to finally see it published!

Kaily Hart said...

Love the cover!! It's gorgeous. Sounds like it was a long, hard road with this one. Must feel incredible to have it out there.

maldivianbookreviewer said...

Reading how the story came about has made it more appealing - if that can happen with a story of yours.
Awaiting eagerly for its release :))

Becca Simone said...

What a great story about how this book came to be. You would NOT want to see the book I wrote in high school. Ick, ick, ick. :)

Congrats on all the recent and upcoming releases.

:)Becky

Francisdyjs said...

Reading how the story came about has made it more appealing - if that can happen with a story of yours. Awaiting eagerly for its release :))