Pages

7/12/2009

Internet Rehab

That's what I'm in right now. I stayed offline half the weekend for the first time in years and it was great! I need that separation for a bit, so I'm going to look into extending my internet vacation. I'll still be around - and I'll still be writing - but I'm going to try to focus on what's important. My family, friends, sanity...and writing and reading, two things I don't do nearly enough of anymore. Without them, I feel impatient and cranky, and I'm looking to reclaim my joy again. So I'm spending less time on news feeds and how-tos and Twitter and more on doing what I feel I need to at any given moment. It's summer, after all, and I intend to enjoy it without being chained to my desk. :)

Happy summer!

5 comments:

Samantha Hunter said...

Yay for you. :)

Sam

Christina Phillips said...

The Internet is such a time sucker. I'm trying sooo hard to cut down the hours I spend surfing the net!

Helen Hardt said...

Can't blame you for lying low. I hope you get lots of great words written for me to read! Now if I could just take your lead and get off the net...

Super_Kiwi said...

I dunno how you did it!!

But it looks like it's working! Woooot. You're back on fire. :)

I wish I could follow lead and my iphone so does not help that situation hehe.

Keep up the good work.

Shelley Munro said...

Sounds like a good idea to me. I could do with a break too.